NO

Author Topic: The nonsens of the C-standard  (Read 3094 times)

Claudy

The nonsens of the C-standard
« on: August 03, 2007, 06:32:13 PM »
hi,

I have a lot of nice but old application in C, made with the good old Borland 5.5...
I grow up with al the thinghs as ++, objects, etc...
Never get a real substitude for the pure C languige, so...
Now these days I was happy to see that new generation will go back to C, but:
there is realy no standard any more...
While there is no Borland 5.5 any more for the XP and so on, I try different developer IDE 's
that claim pure C programming, but nothing did compile my old programs made in Borland 5.5.
So, my big question is: what I have to do to get my old code (what is pure C)
get compiled in a new IDE made for pure C compiling?
Can I maybe do something with the old compiler or librarys, or is there a possible solution...
Is It not so that C-code made in one C-development envirement, has to work also in an other
C-development envirement?

Put  Claude     Belgium

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: The nonsens of the C-standard
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »
Generally there are no problems to compile Borland sources unless you're trying to compile DOS applications, in this case the limitation is due to the fact that PellesC, as the other compilers, target 32bits OS. PellesC should also be able to use the Borland object libraries.
Post a sample project where you have problems and people from board will try to give help.
Here is a sample of a problem with Borland libraries: http://www.smorgasbordet.com/forum/index.php?topic=1423.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:07:46 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

Claudy

Re: The nonsens of the C-standard
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 07:35:45 PM »
Thanks frankie,

I follow this topic, but it is complicated :-)

Put Claude     Belgium