NO

Author Topic: Tutorial  (Read 5013 times)

tbohon

Tutorial
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »
Is there any kind of a tutorial for those of us who know C but who are new to the Pelles C environment?  I'd like to see something telling me how to create .lib files, for example, and what it means to add a file to the project ... simple things, really, but confusing for those of us who are new to this great environment.

Tom

codamateur

Re: Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »
Not sure i know how to create .lib file from the front end of PellesC but you can do it using directly the program POLIB (using it in command line) included in PellesC package.
Type POLIB in a console to see all options.

A .lib can contain code or only info to build import table in a PE executable (win32 ordinary exe/dll)
Not sure i  have answered your questions sorry.

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 07:52:47 PM »
If you want to create a lib just select static library when creating a new project.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

JohnF

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 08:20:40 PM »
Is there any kind of a tutorial for those of us who know C but who are new to the Pelles C environment?
Tom

Generally the answer is no - however reading the PellesC help can help - asking questions here - practice - all these help.

There is a wizard that will help making a LIB.

John

Online Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »
Hi tbohon,

Here is an example :

Code: [Select]
polib /OUT:libraryname.lib objfile1.obj objfile2.obj etc...
Code it... That's all...

tbohon

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 03:11:15 AM »
Thanks for the replies. 

I guess, even with 41+ years in the computer programming/analysis business, that coming into a brand new environment is a bit confusing.  Old ways of doing things (all of which tend to meld together over time, trust me  ;) ) have to be translated into new ways ... the general processes are, of course, the same but the way you get from point A to point B is a bit different.  I know it's not my age, of course ... so it has to be something external ...  ;D

Anyway, I'm having a ball being reintroduced to what is probably my favorite language of all time and to the Pelles C way of doing things ... so I'll just keep reading and plugging away.

Appreciate it all!

Tom