NO

Author Topic: Accessing the Help, Contents tab crashes 4.5 but not 4.0 on W2k  (Read 2211 times)

o1d d0g

Accessing the Help, Contents tab crashes 4.5 but not 4.0 on W2k
« on: December 03, 2007, 05:04:40 PM »
Greetings,

First off, thank you for this great C compiler/IDE!

I'm running Windows 2000. The Pelles C 4.5 program crashes to the desktop (with no error window, etc.) whenever I access the Help, Contents tab. The Help window also does not appear. Other tabs work fine and this occurs whether source code is loaded in the IDE or blank. I tried turning off the splash screen (as a possible cure for another problem mentioned in this forum) but that did not help.

I also opened up the Help window before running the compiler and the crash still occurs, but the Help window stay up.

There really is no screen shot that would help. The IDE is running and then crashes with only the desktop showing.

I then removed 4.5 and installed 4.0 and the Help, Contents tab works fine.

Please excuse me if I have not presented this bug correctly. I'm returning to C after a long, long break.

Thank you in advance,
od

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Accessing the Help, Contents tab crashes 4.5 but not 4.0 on W2k
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 09:14:11 AM »
This is a new one, so most likely not a general problem but something on your machine...

Are you using Windows Update on this machine? If not, maybe try to upgrade the MS HTML Help viewer. A few years ago there used to be a package for download called 'hhupd.exe', but this may have changed now...

/Pelle