NO

Author Topic: Pelles C from USB-Stick?  (Read 4773 times)

TioTrag

Pelles C from USB-Stick?
« on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »
Hi all...

I found this nice IDE some days ago. Im really new in C and C++ so please don't kill me in future for my primitive questions :D

I install Pelle C and i miss a *.ini file where all the settings, editor-color, font and IDE size and position is stored. I think this is
at the moment stored in the registry, right ?

I want to use Pelle C from a usb-stick, so the *.ini file with settings will be very good.

Another problem is the database (?) with the 2 files "snippets.db" and "sysdefs.tag" ~ 43 MB.
Can it be possible to copy those 2 files in a folder for example c:/PellesC/data ?....so that all will be "portable and running
directly from USB" ?

Thanks for this time, greets from germany

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Pelles C from USB-Stick?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:53:05 PM »
I install Pelle C and i miss a *.ini file where all the settings, editor-color, font and IDE size and position is stored. I think this is
at the moment stored in the registry, right ?
Always in the Registry for versions < 5.0, and by default in the Registry for version 5.0 - but you can change this with the /XML option in 5.0 (see the help file).

Another problem is the database (?) with the 2 files "snippets.db" and "sysdefs.tag" ~ 43 MB.
Can it be possible to copy those 2 files in a folder for example c:/PellesC/data ?....so that all will be "portable and running
directly from USB" ?
It should be possible to put them in the same directory as the IDE executable (POIDE*.EXE).
/Pelle

TioTrag

Re: Pelles C from USB-Stick?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:55:45 PM »
Thank you Pelle, i'll try to do that and will report if all waorks.

Thanks again