NO

Author Topic: Code completition  (Read 2311 times)

lamer

Code completition
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:13:38 AM »
In version 4.5, if I type, for example, "sendmess" and then press Ctrl+Space, I get a list of choices which includes both ANSI and Unicode names of functions. In version 5 I get only three names: SendMessage, SendMessageCallback, SendMessageTimeout. Where all Unicode names are gone?
From the other side, typing "drawte" with Ctrl+Space does show DrawText and DrawTextW.
"redrawwin" with Ctrl+Space do nothing at all.
Although SendMessageW or RedrawWindow with subsequent bracket do show all function's parameters.
Of course, it's just two examples, I didn't investigate more. Am I doing something wrong?
I've tried to rebuild sysdefs.tag several times but it doesn't help.
And why the sysdefs.tag file should be deep in ...\Application Data\Pelles C\ and not in \bin directory like in version 4.5? IMHO it's pretty inconveniently, especially for those who like me runs the program from flash drive.

Thank you.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Code completition
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »
1) Like in many other IDE's the browse symbol scanner is guessing to some extent - this has always been the case, and will always be the case. There is no way of always getting the exact definition of each and every 'token' in this context (for example not possible to make a full preprocessing pass). The browse info manager will attempt to recover after seeing some common known "unknown" names, and I keep adding to this list, but it will never be perfect. Maybe I can find something in this case, but in general there will always be some symbols missing...

2) Putting a data file, like sysdefs.tag, in a program directory hasn't been recommended for a long time, and will break security in Vista etc. There is always the possibility of manually moving the sysdefs.tag to the same directory as the IDE. This has been explained somewhere else on this forum...
/Pelle