NO

Author Topic: Pelles C++?  (Read 10836 times)

Freddy

Pelles C++?
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:53:38 PM »
Pelle, have you considered coding a C++ compiler and adding to your tools making it Pelles C++?

I think you probably prefer C to C++, but I really think it would be a nice idea. Because Pelles C is a very good IDE and very light weigth too. Having a C++ compiler with it would be just excellent, I think even better than VisualStudio (I don't like VisualStudio's bloat and .NET stuff).

JohnF

Re: Pelles C++?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:46:27 AM »
Pelle, have you considered coding a C++ compiler and adding to your tools making it Pelles C++?

I think you probably prefer C to C++, but I really think it would be a nice idea. Because Pelles C is a very good IDE and very light weigth too. Having a C++ compiler with it would be just excellent, I think even better than VisualStudio (I don't like VisualStudio's bloat and .NET stuff).

This has been asked before and I think I'm right in saying that Pelle said it would never happen. :)

John

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »
Yes. C++ is never going to happen, Linux is never going to happen. Can we post this with big, bold, red letters at the top of the forum?! please?
/Pelle

Offline MrBcx

• Global Moderator
    • Bcx Basic to C/C++ Translator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:54 PM »
What about Pelles BASIC, Pelles PASCAL, Pelles FORTRAN, or Pelles COBOL ;D
Bcx Basic to C/C++ Translator
https://www.BcxBasicCoders.com

CLR

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 02:20:55 AM »
Yes. We all love Pelles C.

PhilG57

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »
I have about 60 C++ headers and source files which I would like "ported" back to C.  Would Pelle consider writing an extension to his C compiler to help with this effort?  Ideally the tool would identify the C++ code elements and snippets and suggest the corresponding C syntax.  But if the tool only flagged the C++ elements as C++ and not C, that would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

JohnF

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »
I have about 60 C++ headers and source files which I would like "ported" back to C.  Would Pelle consider writing an extension to his C compiler to help with this effort?  Ideally the tool would identify the C++ code elements and snippets and suggest the corresponding C syntax.  But if the tool only flagged the C++ elements as C++ and not C, that would be helpful as well.  Thanks.

I suspect that would be a huge job - you had better get started. ;)

John

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 05:23:07 AM »
What about Pelles BASIC, Pelles PASCAL, Pelles FORTRAN, or Pelles COBOL ;D
Well,considering that LCC is supposed to have a Fortran frontend as well, a Pelle's Fortran should not be that far off... ;-)

Ralf

virtualcoder128

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 06:34:14 AM »
No please Don't add C++, It is a bloated, ugly  and complicate language. I love C thats why I came to Pelles C. Pelles Pascal does not sound bad but better stay focus with C.