NO

Author Topic: Resource Editor Access violation  (Read 2757 times)

kvtech

Resource Editor Access violation
« on: September 16, 2008, 05:53:50 PM »
Hello.
What a great package! (new user, latest IDE version, Win2k, Sp3 1.7ghz P4 onboard ATI radeon)

Not sure where the bug originates (my system etc) but will post details.
(I did a search first and found a similar topic, however it was from an older IDE version)

While looking at a resource example (rsc0009.zip - I thought found it here, not sure.)   

1. Oened the project file, then I opened the resouce tree and opened the dialog branch (near the top).
2. Opened several dialog resource tabs, moved the floating toolbox out of the way to the right,
    no editing just looking at several examples.
3. Began closing most recently opened tab from right to left, then got the error dialog
   Access violation exception at address 004565f5. not repeatable every time, but did
   happen again several times within a 5 minute period.

It also happened when I did all of the above, but tried to exit the IDE by closing the main Window.
   I did not note the exact error but was similar.

I have compiled several programs and DLL's with relatively simple rsc's repeatedly with no problems
   at all. The example (attached) has more objects than anything I have worked with.

-Kvtech (Long Island, NY)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Resource Editor Access violation
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
The address 004565f5 points into the function that populates the dialog properties window. This is all I can say at the moment. I will look at the code, and also try to reproduce the crash.
/Pelle

gabomen

Re: Resource Editor Access violation
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
this occurs that is not open the properties window. it is necessary to open the windows properties before editing or move any control. 
Regards
GABO