NO

Author Topic: Debugging on C code level  (Read 2748 times)

lamasveklint

Debugging on C code level
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
Exposed to C in the mid/late 80's with printf as only debug tool, I would like to have a jump start on IDE debugging. What do to be able to run a procedure in a MSDOS window 'step by step' on C level to inspect the code flow and the content of the variables?
Debug button just give me an indication of " no debug info, proceed anyway"  and no stop at my C code breakpoint.

Novice

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
Re: Debugging on C code level
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
Exposed to C in the mid/late 80's with printf as only debug tool, I would like to have a jump start on IDE debugging. What do to be able to run a procedure in a MSDOS window 'step by step' on C level to inspect the code flow and the content of the variables?
Debug button just give me an indication of " no debug info, proceed anyway"  and no stop at my C code breakpoint.

Novice
Have you selectat Project->Project options...->Compiler->Debug information:->Full and for the Linker->Debug information:->Codeview & COFF format.
Then you should be able to debug any application.
best regards
 Alex ;)

lamasveklint

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »
Thanks, alex, you saved my day!

little bit less novice

jwzumwalt

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
Pelle C is outstanding in the help file documentation. Unlike most other programs, the help file system is VERY helpfull.

You may want to look at  [help]-->[contents]-->[POIDE Integrated Envirionment]--[Debugger] its at the bottom of the menu