NO

Author Topic: Bug inside information browser  (Read 3058 times)

Seltsamuel

Bug inside information browser
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:49:11 AM »
Hi,

includes with relative path get not shown inside the information Browser.

#include "../utils/toollib.h"

I use this type of includes for sourcelibs used in multiple projects.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Bug inside information browser
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:50:27 PM »
Not shown how? Where?

The browse info scanner will never scan included files directly; usually the list of dependencies from the IDE is used.

( View -> Target files, Properties for <some file>, Dependencies tab -- is toollib.h even listed here? )
/Pelle

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:22:19 AM »
Not shown how? Where?

The browse info scanner will never scan included files directly; usually the list of dependencies from the IDE is used.

( View -> Target files, Properties for <some file>, Dependencies tab -- is toollib.h even listed here? )
I have a similar problem. If I have a directory, where my sources are placed and a subdirectory where my project files are placed (f.e. one project for Pelles C 5 and one for Pelles C 6), then the IDE don't show the include files in the workspace. It seems that at the source files view only header files are shown which are in the same directory as the project files.
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »
Yes - this is by design.
/Pelle

Seltsamuel

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
Hi,

@Pelle
I understand this but would better like to see all files i include automatic without fiddling with options to add something. But this is simply a thing of usability not really a bug.

Maybe its possible to show ALL includes in the information browser with a checkbox and when you check it really scan these files and show the content? I understand that else its a performance problem on greater projects.

Greetings

Seltsamuel