NO

Author Topic: Version 6.0, Release Candidate #3 available  (Read 9012 times)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Version 6.0, Release Candidate #3 available
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
Pelles C version 6.0, Release Candidate #3, is now available for download:
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/download.htm

Some changes from RC2:
  • New IDE feature: attempt to select the newly created project when it's part of a workspace (behavior can currently be changed through AutoSelectNewProject value in the Registry, or XML settings file -- and only this way, to avoid dialog changes and a new string for translation...)
  • New IDE feature: attempt to strip trailing slashes from path specifications in New Project.
  • Added ATOM MOVBE instruction (POASM, POCC inline assembler)
  • Added some missing instructions to X64 disassembler (PODUMP, debugger, ...).
  • Added __cpuid as a (pure intrinsic) alias for the _cpuid intrinsic (Microsoft mode only).
  • Added C compiler warning for designated initializer without equals sign (may even work).
  • Fixed C runtime function _makepath(), and problem with extra (unwanted) terminating null character.
  • Fixed problem in strtof(), strtod(), strtold(), wcstof(), wcstod(), wcstold(), when the object pointed to by 'endptr' was assigned a pointer past a partial/invalid NAN/INF(inity) substring.
  • Fixed C compiler problem with removal of multi-dimension array (like arr[5][5]) that appeared to be unused, but wasn't.
  • Fixed C compiler crash (CFG peephole optimizer) when first member of a structure being a pointer, and that pointer was used in an access pattern normally seen only for 'plain' pointers.

(Looked at, and reject once again, /LIBPATH option for POLIB -- not that useful, and would affect libraries AND object files - or adding more and unwanted code to separate the two cases - or adding long and unwanted explanation to the help file).

Pelle
/Pelle

Offline AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
Re: Version 6.0, Release Candidate #3 available
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
Great work again!!!

It seems for me, the time is near to remove RCx from the version name. ;)
best regards
 Alex ;)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 05:01:28 PM »
I thought so to two RC's ago, so we just have to wait some more and see...

After the big rewrite of the compiler, I'm especially interested in finding any major remaining bugs in it. I don't care all that much about the IDE, and other tools like the linker, library manager, and resource compiler changes less frequently and are somewhat easier to test...
/Pelle

Alessio

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:53:23 PM »
Hi Pelle,

I used to change folder name in project file to accomodate my tastes, i.e. using "tmp" instead of "obj" for output object files.

How I can fix this error ?
The file 'main.obj' is wrongly located in directory 'c:\Alessio\Sviluppo\Progetti\C++\Test\src\tmp'.

Thank you.

stassaf

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 07:19:58 PM »
Hi everyone.

At first want to say thanx to Pelle. But at second want to show bug in a compiler, version 5.00.1 works fine, but new version can`t compile my program. I made investigation and cut my code to this small one:

static __inline void f1(void)
{
   int a, b = 0;
   a = b;
}
static __inline void f2(void)
{
   f1();
}
static __inline void f3(void)
{
   f1();
}
static __inline void f4(void)
{
   f3();
}
static __inline void f5(void)
{
   f4();
   f2();
}
void f6(void)
{
}

If you will try to compile it, you will have message Test.c(13): fatal error: Internal error: 'Access violation' at 0x00429159.

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
With speed optimizations only.
Not with None or size.
May the source be with you

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:16 PM »
How I can fix this error ?

You have some form of inconsistence in the project file, otherwise you wouldn't get this message. I can't say exactly what is wrong without more info. With version 6.0 you can now use "Advanced mode" when creating a new project - this will give you the opportunity to places output files in a different folder, for example. I suggest you create a "dummy" project using the "Advanced mode", and compare the the two project files. This should give you enough info to correctly modify the original file...
/Pelle

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »
If you will try to compile it, you will have message Test.c(13): fatal error: Internal error: 'Access violation' at 0x00429159.
OK, thanks for the report. I will look at it...
/Pelle