NO

Author Topic: Make new project in a workspace active  (Read 3139 times)

Romashka

Make new project in a workspace active
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
IMHO in most cases when user creates a new project and 'Add to existing workspace' is selected - it is reasonable to make the project active, because most probably the user will want to do something with this new empty project immediately.
Currently (6.0 RC2) if there are some projects in workspace already - another project remains active, which is confusing (until you learn this behaviour) because all menus continue to refer to the old active project, not the one just created.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:50:03 PM by Romashka »

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Make new project in a workspace active
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:34:41 PM »
Yes, seems reasonable - so perhaps some technical problem making it harder than necessary. I will look at it, but can't promise if/when it will be done...
/Pelle

ghost

Re: Make new project in a workspace active
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
IMHO in most cases when user creates a new project and 'Add to existing workspace' is selected - it is reasonable to make the project active, because most probably the user will want to do something with this new empty project immediately.

I import other projects a lot to transfer some older source codes to the active project or to just check out how I did things in earlier projects. So if this gets implemented in the future I think it would be usefull to make this behaviour selectable in the options screen.