NO

Author Topic: 6.00.4 - unable to debug Pocket PC app  (Read 2794 times)

Zink

6.00.4 - unable to debug Pocket PC app
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm using Pelles C for quite some time, and I think it's a great IDE, especially for Pocket PC development.
Recently I found out that version 6 has been released, so I installed it, and I encounter problems right at the beginning :(.

The problem is that the IDE cannot connect with the PPC to debug the app.
When I choose "Go/Debug" I'm getting message: "Unable to execute '<remote server>'. Specified file cannot be found". Obviously, I have the PPC properly connected to ActiveSync and synchronized, and in addition, Pelles C 4.5 (which I used before) didn't have any problems with that at all.
Also taking a screenshot from PPC doesn't work too (message: "Error creating screenshot. Undefined error.").
And when I choose to "Execute" the application, I'm getting message: "Unable to execute 'test.exe'. %1 is not a valid Win32 application." ( ??? it tries to execute WinCE app on the main computer?).
When I choose "Copy to Pocket PC" evertyhing works good ("Program return 0"), but I cannot manually run that file ("'test' is not a valid Pocket PC application").

I have tried reconnecting the PPC, rebooting the PPC, rebooting the computer, and reinstalling the Pelles C. Nothing helps.

All the tests I have made with an unmodified Pocket PC Wizard -> "Hello world" application.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I use Windows XP Home SP3, Active Sync 4.5.0 and Windows Mobile 2003 SE.

Another EDIT: I noticed that the generated executable file (out of the Hello World program) can't be even executed on pocket PC (message: "'test' is not a valid Pocket PC application"), nor regular Windows ("E:\PPC Progs\test\test.exe is not a valid Win32 application"). All 'Machine' settings are set to ARM, and Linker->Type is set to WindowsCE (default from the Wizard). I can send you the executable file if that may help solving the problem.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:54:18 AM by Zink »