NO

Author Topic: Download files Problem Where to Post this Issue ?  (Read 3786 times)

EdPellesC99

Download files Problem Where to Post this Issue ?
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »

Hi Guys,

I am using FireFox, and am unable to download a .zip file attached to a thread.
I have brought this issue up in two threads, but I really should not bring my problem up there.

Symptom: it acts like I want to download "Index.php".

But I should not post in Bugs, and I see no "contact Web Designer" button or link anywhere !

It is not recent .zips for me it is all zips. I went back to old threads I checked out in the past  see the same problem (on threads I *did* download the zip several months back).

If it is FireFox, then why .... when I go to the same exact forum thread page with Internet Explorer... do I not even see the .zip file download link? IE does not show me the link on any of the forum threads I have checked !

Someone point me in some direction !

Tx,
Ed

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Download files Problem Where to Post this Issue ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:40:41 PM »
It's certainly not an issue with the forum. I just tested several download links all over the forum, in both Firefox 9.01 and Opera 11.60 (I can not be arsed into using either IE, Chrome or Safari) it works just fine.

Btw, the download links will only show if you are logged in, they won't show for guests...

Ralf

EdPellesC99

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »
Ah,
Maybe I was not logged in in IE (did not notice), as I never use it. I am using Firefox 8.0.

I am updating, now so maybe the problem will go away !

Hopefully, Tx for checking ... Ed

P.S.
Also I recently added HTTPS everywhere as an AddOn to FireFox, but it looks like it plays no role.

CommonTater

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 12:14:26 AM »
Maybe I was not logged in in IE (did not notice), as I never use it. I am using Firefox 8.0.
I am updating, now so maybe the problem will go away !

Hi Ed... this is almost certainly an issue with FireFox ... I'm betting there's a setting someplace related to file types you are allowed to download... If not, you may want to bring this up on the Firefox forums...

(I use IE almost exclusively and have never had a problem grabbing the latest project.)

EdPellesC99

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »
OK Issue resolved. Updated to FireFox 9.01 and problem gone !

Thanks Ralf !

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
OK Issue resolved. Updated to FireFox 9.01 and problem gone !

Thanks Ralf !
You're welcome...  ;)

Ralf