NO

Author Topic: PreProc  (Read 15051 times)

CommonTater

Re: PreProc
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 12:36:37 AM »
That's not a bug. 

POIDE is almost entirely project driven. It would not make sense to let you compile or process files that are not part of an active project... I seriously doubt Pelle even considered it when writing the IDE (I wouldn't have).

LOL... I gotta hand it to you... you sure do come up with some odd-ball problems!

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »
1. A just renamed file (in the project panel) doesn't compile.
After renaming you have to reopen the file before compiling ? feature ?

if I understand your snippet right, this is just a info what else I can get from the project options.
In that way i can compile my test files with projects options even they are not included to project. (It can be used for files in project too ?) Just for example.
May the source be with you

czerny

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 01:17:02 PM »
tater:
POIDE is almost entirely project driven. It would not make sense to let you compile or process files that are not part of an active project... I seriously doubt Pelle even considered it when writing the IDE (I wouldn't have).

I do not want process files from INACTIVE projects. I want process EXCLUDED files from ACTIVE projects. And it is clear to me that that is not normaly available. I have said that before.

timovjl:
    1. A just renamed file (in the project panel) doesn't compile.
After renaming you have to reopen the file before compiling ? feature ?
If this is the case, then it happend normally behind the scenes. If one renames a file, there isn't any prompt 'should I reload file?'

There should be the ADDIN_DOCUMENT_INFO.fDirty flag set. The file name should be marked with an asterisk resp.

czerny
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:42:50 PM by czerny »

czerny

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »
My english isnot very good, so it may be that I hav not accurate discribed what I want to know.

So I will ask it more exactly:

How can I detect if a file (included member of an open project) is just renamed in the project panel?

czerny

CommonTater

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 03:14:37 PM »
Your best plan might be to simply make a second project with your test file(s) as an active document... You can always recycle the same project by including it in different workspaces...

The workspace editor makes this easy as you can just drag and drop the project into the editor's list.

czerny

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »
I have done this yet.  That is the cause for my question.

Another observation:

1. Load an arbitrary project.
2. Load one of its files in the editor.
3. Rename this file (this is regognized at the editor tab)
4. Rename the same file once more (this is not regognized)

czerny

czerny

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »
Here is a little test project.

czerny