NO

Author Topic: Hotmail email reply or forwarding problem  (Read 5560 times)

David L Morris

Hotmail email reply or forwarding problem
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:13:30 AM »
Hello wise people.  I have a hotmail account on two win32 computers - 1 Vista and 1 XP.  emails received OK, but when I try to reply to or forward such email, it presents as encoded garbage when working on the XP pc.  Vista works fine.  This only started a couple of days ago. I have had a problem getting to the hotmail forums. 

What should I check next? Maybe I need to reinstall hotmail?

Thanks David

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Hotmail email reply or forwarding problem
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:52:30 AM »
How do you use the Hotmail account (as I am not sure what you mean by "reinstall" Hotmail)?

I am only aware of using it via a web browser, were you might have to check differences in the web browsers used on both machines, or via the use of a real email program (I use Thunderbird for my Hotmail account(s))...

Ralf

David L Morris

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:42:58 AM »
Thanks for your reply Bitbeisser.  I use Hotmail via Internet Explorer on both computers.  I have managed to post the same question on the Hotmail forum but have no reply yet.  Looking through the forum, one similar problem received a comment to check the add on for Silverlite and maybe remove and reinstall that.  Also, see how it runs through another browser.  I am going to try that using Chrome.

David

David L Morris

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
Back again Ralf.  I just ran Firefox browser from a USB memory stick, accessed Hotmail and forwarded emails correctly.  The problem must be with Internet Explorer version 9 on the XP computer.  At least I can work around now.

David

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »
Back again Ralf.  I just ran Firefox browser from a USB memory stick, accessed Hotmail and forwarded emails correctly.  The problem must be with Internet Explorer version 9 on the XP computer.  At least I can work around now.

David
I was kind of certain that it was a browser issue, but as I don't use neither Internet Exploder, I don't know exactly where to look for. As mentioned, I prefer the "comfort" of a real email program over using a web browser to access email... ;-)

Ralf