NO

Author Topic: Where's Pelle?  (Read 11448 times)

CLR

Re: Where's Pelle?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
Hi Christian.

That's very good news. Thanks!

CommonTater

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »
I just wanted to inform you that I talked with Pelle and he is fine. He is working on some nice enhancements, he just needs his time. But you can be sure, Pelles C isn't dead and he is still working on it.

Yay!  This is wonderful news... :D

I've long held that Pelles C is about as good as it gets. It's just that the silence about bug reports is a bit worrying. 
Even a simple acknowledgement that Pelle has seen them would suffice...

If I'm allowed a thought here... Updates and enhancements can occur on "pleasure time" (that is to say: "whenever") but bug reports should be a priority since some of us are producing software that gets out in the wild and a stable compiler is a our best friend.

Afterthought: 

Many projects have revision builds that are separate from bug-fixes... Basically RC builds incorporate the bug fixes... but fix builds are made on a day by day basis as bugs are squashed. 

I'm wondering if it might be possible to implement something like that with Pelles C ... Fix a bug and upload a new copy of the compiler (or whatever) as a bug-fix release. Users can download the bug fix and copy it into their bin folders manually.

Then when new features are added we can do the RC thing like usual.  So long as the RC versions include the bug fixes, we're all happy. 

It might even be easier for Pelle since he can just fix, recompile and upload as he works...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:52:30 PM by CommonTater »

Offline Vortex

• http://www.vortex.masmcode.com
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 08:19:48 PM »
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the news.
Code it... That's all...