NO

Author Topic: Dialog class removal bug in Resource Editor.  (Read 3823 times)

adrian.voica

Dialog class removal bug in Resource Editor.
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
Hi. In the Resource Editor, after I have added a Dialog and some controls to it, I wanted to change the dialog's class name to empty, but I couldn't. After deleting the current class name, when I press Enter or jump to another field, the old class name is filled right back in. This is really annoying.  :'(

CommonTater

Re: Dialog class removal bug in Resource Editor.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
Just tried it... I can confirm the bug.

In the mean time you can close the resource editor and then right click on the .rc file in the project pain and select open as text ... then you can simply delete the line with the classname on it and save the file.

adrian.voica

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »
Thanks for the quick solution. I didn't use .RC files, only .RES files, since I am embedding in FreePascal, so, this solution skipped my mind.
 :) Thanks again. Anyway, a fix in the resource editor is much appreciated.

In the mean time you can close the resource editor and then right click on the .rc file in the project pain and select open as text ... then you can simply delete the line with the classname on it and save the file.

CommonTater

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:26 AM »
Thanks for the quick solution. I didn't use .RC files, only .RES files, since I am embedding in FreePascal, so, this solution skipped my mind.
 :) Thanks again. Anyway, a fix in the resource editor is much appreciated.

Unfortunately I'm not the one who does the fixing.  That's Pelle's job :D 

I just thought you should know there was a workaround for it, to let you carry on with your project.

You might also like to take a look at THIS
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 05:19:19 AM by CommonTater »