NO

Author Topic: PellesC portable  (Read 3449 times)

czerny

PellesC portable
« on: June 06, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
I have moved to this point. Hope that's right.
Appended the last update Taters hint included.

czerny

Re: PellesC portable
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:24:30 PM »
I will put this on the wiki. But it would be nice if one or two could test it before.

Online AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »
I will put this on the wiki. But it would be nice if one or two could test it before.
Works well as far as I tested it, but I would change two things:
1.) If you start a local installation, I would use the portable settings (/xml pellesc.xml) to avoid changes in the locale installation.
2.) I would delete the __tmp__.reg file afterward.

Very good work! :)
best regards
 Alex ;)

czerny

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 04:06:38 PM »
1.) If you start a local installation, I would use the portable settings (/xml pellesc.xml) to avoid changes in the locale installation.
Why not use the locale installation, if any?

If the locale installation should run as an exception (portable) then the changes POVIEW and POREG had eventually done should be restored too. Right?

2.) I would delete the __tmp__.reg file afterward.
done

Online AlexN

• Global Moderator
    • Alex's Link Sammlung
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »
Why not use the locale installation, if any?

If the locale installation should run as an exception (portable) then the changes POVIEW and POREG had eventually done should be restored too. Right?
My idea was, that when I use the portable Pelles C on a PC with a locale installation to use the locale Pelles C with the portable options and let the locale options as it is (as far as possible).
best regards
 Alex ;)