Pelles C forum > General discussion

Spammers....

<< < (2/4) > >>

CommonTater:
Gees... can you IP block this guy? 

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: CommonTater on September 29, 2012, 12:56:10 AM ---Gees... can you IP block this guy?

--- End quote ---
I don't know about the other moderators/admins, but I always select the option to ban the user by name, IP and email address. But sometimes, I can't do this right away when I get a stupid "service not available" message from the moderator console once in a while...

Ralf

Stefan Pendl:

--- Quote from: Bitbeisser on September 29, 2012, 03:30:17 AM ---I don't know about the other moderators/admins, but I always select the option to ban the user by name, IP and email address. But sometimes, I can't do this right away when I get a stupid "service not available" message from the moderator console once in a while...
--- End quote ---
I too always ban the IPs used to post.

I have checked with Christian about the 503 message and it seems to be fixed now.

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: Stefan Pendl on September 29, 2012, 10:03:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bitbeisser on September 29, 2012, 03:30:17 AM ---I don't know about the other moderators/admins, but I always select the option to ban the user by name, IP and email address. But sometimes, I can't do this right away when I get a stupid "service not available" message from the moderator console once in a while...
--- End quote ---
I too always ban the IPs used to post.

I have checked with Christian about the 503 message and it seems to be fixed now.

--- End quote ---
Well, didn't get that error message last night and this morning anymore, though it always has been intermittent.

There seems to be indeed a lot more spammers right now as usual, I zapped about half a dozen last night during (late) dinner and this morning during breakfast...

Ralf

CommonTater:

--- Quote from: Bitbeisser on September 29, 2012, 07:08:23 PM ---There seems to be indeed a lot more spammers right now as usual, I zapped about half a dozen last night during (late) dinner and this morning during breakfast...

Ralf

--- End quote ---

I'd bet it's all one person with multiple accounts and IPs... Do they, by chance, all originate in the same general area?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version