NO

Author Topic: Link to 9-27-12 Article on Windows 8 Released Before Ready  (Read 3245 times)

EdPellesC99

Link to 9-27-12 Article on Windows 8 Released Before Ready
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
Guess this is just par for the course !
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-25/windows-8-bugs-plaguing-microsoft-intel-ceo-said-to-tell-staff.html

Windows 8 Bugs Hurt Microsoft, Intel Chief Said to Say
By Tim Culpan and Ian King - Sep 26, 2012 9:21 AM

Intel Corp. (INTC) Chief Executive Officer Paul Otellini told employees in Taiwan that Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Windows 8 operating system is being released before it’s fully ready, a person who attended the company event said.

Improvements still need to be made to the software, Otellini told employees at a company meeting in Taipei yesterday, said the person, who asked not to be identified because the meeting was private.

Microsoft is eager to get Windows 8, the first version of its flagship software designed for touch tablets, into computers next month to help it vie with Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s iPad during the holiday shopping season. Releasing the operating system before it’s fully baked is the right move, and Microsoft can make improvements after it ships, Otellini told staffers

Problem is Microsoft is trying to roll out the RT version and the regular version at the same time. Being hot to compete with Apple, I wonder if the bugs in RT will take priority?

Wild times ahead !

CommonTater

Re: Link to 9-27-12 Article on Windows 8 Released Before Ready
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
Wild times ahead !

Naaa... I plan to simply ignore it.  Maybe I'll take another look when SP1 comes out...