NO

Author Topic: How to add new tool? Can't find .cpp source file  (Read 3974 times)

gamesover

How to add new tool? Can't find .cpp source file
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:44 PM »
I want to add asytle as a new tool. How can I fill in "Arguments" and "working dir"? Does Pelles C has some default arguments such as [filename] and [filepath]? I tried a lot but failed to format my file "C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\MIT\Introduction to C++\Hello World.cpp". Kindly give me some hints. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:13:32 PM by gamesover »

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
Re: How to add new tool? Can't find .cpp source file
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:02:52 PM »
You are trapped by the wrong assumption that C and C++ are the same, I think.

C is not C++ and vise versa, so compiling of .CPP files will not work with Pelles C.

The rest is explained in the help file.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team

CommonTater

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:41:31 AM »
I want to add asytle as a new tool. How can I fill in "Arguments" and "working dir"? Does Pelles C has some default arguments such as [filename] and [filepath]? I tried a lot but failed to format my file "C:\Documents and Settings\Ken\My Documents\MIT\Introduction to C++\Hello World.cpp". Kindly give me some hints. Thanks!

It would help us help you if you could explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish here...

gamesover

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »

It would help us help you if you could explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish here...
Sorry, it's my fault. I don't know Pelles C is for C only. asytle is a auto formatting tool, open source and free. I want to integrate into Pelles C as a tool.

Anyway, forget it. I need a C++ small IDE for my homeworks, not C. Thanks for all your help.

CommonTater

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:34:23 AM »

Sorry, it's my fault. I don't know Pelles C is for C only. asytle is a auto formatting tool, open source and free. I want to integrate into Pelles C as a tool.

Anyway, forget it. I need a C++ small IDE for my homeworks, not C. Thanks for all your help.

No worries .... probably your best bet is MS Visual C++, which you can get HERE

Good luck on your course..

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:43:00 AM »

Sorry, it's my fault. I don't know Pelles C is for C only.
Never wondered though why it is called "Pelle's C" and not "Pelle's C++"?  ???
Use Orwell's DevC++...

Ralf

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 01:56:07 PM »
I want to add asytle as a new tool. How can I fill in "Arguments" and "working dir"? Does Pelles C has some default arguments such as [filename] and [filepath]?
Arguments: $(FilePath)

From help:
$(FilePath) Name and path of the current document file.
$(FileName) Name of the current document file.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:58:42 PM by timovjl »
May the source be with you