NO

Author Topic: Add new source to project automatically?  (Read 3541 times)

Benigna

Add new source to project automatically?
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »
I've use Pelles C for several months now and was wondering: Is there perhaps a way to add new source files (new or existing) to the project as they are opened inn the workspace? It would save lots of time and browsing through folders.

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Add new source to project automatically?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
I've use Pelles C for several months now and was wondering: Is there perhaps a way to add new source files (new or existing) to the project as they are opened inn the workspace? It would save lots of time and browsing through folders.
For new source files, there should not be a problem at all, as you will get asked if you want to add a source file to an open project.
Otherwise, for existing files, how else do you suggest to add a file to an existing project but by right-clicking on the project's executable on the right hand pane and browse to the file???

Ralf

Benigna

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
Perhaps it is my version. I'm using V 7.00.350. I can say with surety that when start a new source code in an open project, it does not ask me if I want to add the source to the project. It simply opens a new tab in the workspace--and I have to add it in the conventional way you mentioned.

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »
Perhaps it is my version. I'm using V 7.00.350. I can say with surety that when start a new source code in an open project, it does not ask me if I want to add the source to the project. It simply opens a new tab in the workspace--and I have to add it in the conventional way you mentioned.
Well, the latest (refreshed) version is 7.0.355 but this has worked the same for me ever since I started to use Pelle's C

Offline Stefan Pendl

• Global Moderator
    • Homepage
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 09:57:26 PM »
I think you are asked to add it to the current project when you save it.
---
Stefan

Proud member of the UltraDefrag Development Team