NO

Author Topic: Chrome api  (Read 6984 times)

Seltsamuel

Chrome api
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:54:25 AM »
Hi,

did anyone try to use google chromes CEF project to integrate chrome into a application with pelles c? I would be interested in any examples and links to informations. I think this c api has great potential.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

CommonTater

Re: Chrome api
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
Hi,

did anyone try to use google chromes CEF project to integrate chrome into a application with pelles c? I would be interested in any examples and links to informations. I think this c api has great potential.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

A link to where it can be downloaded might be a good idea...

Seltsamuel

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »
Hi,

sorry i thought google chrome and the embedded project are known.

http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/

sadly the documentation about plain c is ..

Im still using my available freetime to figure this out. Incase im successful i will contribute a hello world example project.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

CommonTater

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:38 AM »
Hi,

sorry i thought google chrome and the embedded project are known.

http://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/

sadly the documentation about plain c is ..

Im still using my available freetime to figure this out. Incase im successful i will contribute a hello world example project.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

I followed the link and had a look at the headers (in the documentation links) and I saw a lot of C++ stuff with no real support for C at all.  While you might get this working in C by initializing your own VTable pointers etc. it's probably going to be way too much work to be worth while.

Have you looked at the Windows web browser control (as used in POIDE) details should be on MSDN.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-CA?query=web%20browser%20control&ac=2

Seltsamuel

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:07 PM »
Hi,

nope the dll is a plain c export ;-)
It has wrappercode for c++ and as such should be usable through plain c. Documentation is for sure absolute crap.

Im so interested into it because i think this is THE way to build future GUI for programs as you have support for html5, flash, audio, video without breaking a leg or two.

Greetings

Seltsamuel

sapero

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:14:48 PM »
Hi,

I was able to build a simple demo application with that control. I had to update some include files with non-C friendly definitions, from the chrome package in order to build.

Sources are attached, and some information can be found in main.c.
All the best!

Seltsamuel

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
Hi,

thanks .. sorry for the late answer but i was busy the last weeks. I will look into this over the easter days. Getting this to work with pellesc is a big enhancement for my project.

Greetings

Seltsamuel