NO

Author Topic: Fatal error on debugging  (Read 2493 times)

simer

Fatal error on debugging
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
Hi,

I have just started with Pelles C. I installed it and wrote first hello program but on compiling its is giving this error.
POLINK: fatal error: File not found: 'aygshell.lib'.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

how it can be debugged and why it is coming?
As i am new to pelles, is there any manual that can actually help in giving directions on how to use it for C and of there are certain conventions that need to be followed in pelles.

Help would be appreciated.
Much Thanks.

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Fatal error on debugging
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:19 AM »
Hi,

I have just started with Pelles C. I installed it and wrote first hello program but on compiling its is giving this error.
POLINK: fatal error: File not found: 'aygshell.lib'.
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

how it can be debugged and why it is coming?
Well, like another fellow a bit earlier today, you are basically providing far too little real information in order to really help you.
I can't find that DLL on neither of my computers and a quick Google search seems to indicate that this is a Windows CE DLL.
So you either tried to create a WinCE project without having the WinCE compiler/DSk installed or otherwise messed with the settings in a way that the linker is trying to locate that file...
As i am new to pelles, is there any manual that can actually help in giving directions on how to use it for C and of there are certain conventions that need to be followed in pelles.
Well, the help file is pretty much the manual and it covers pretty much everything that is more or less.
Not quite sure what you mean by "use it for C" (as Pelle's C is a C compiler environment). Beside that, a bit of common sense is usually helpful...

Ralf