NO

Author Topic: Show funcs feature!  (Read 4281 times)

JohnF

Show funcs feature!
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:38:24 AM »
Pelle, you kindly added displaying the function of where the cursor is when debugging.

It would also be handy to see the same when not debugging. For example, I have various functions with hundreds of lines of code each, I search from the top for a particular word, the IDE finds the word that may be at the bottom of a large function. At present one has to scroll maybe a few hundred lines to find out which function one is in.

John

Anonymous

Re: Show funcs feature!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 12:01:05 PM »
Quote from: "JohnF"
Pelle, you kindly added displaying the function of where the cursor is when debugging.

It would also be handy to see the same when not debugging. For example, I have various functions with hundreds of lines of code each, I search from the top for a particular word, the IDE finds the word that may be at the bottom of a large function. At present one has to scroll maybe a few hundred lines to find out which function one is in.

John

I agree, that would be nice... probably the most straight forward way to do that would be to boldface the current function in the project panel's function list for each source file and scroll it into view.

JohnF

Re: Show funcs feature!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 12:25:08 PM »
Quote from: "ldblake"
Quote from: "JohnF"

John

I agree, that would be nice... probably the most straight forward way to do that would be to boldface the current function in the project panel's function list for each source file and scroll it into view.

Or, display it in the status bar as it is in debug mode.

John

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Show funcs feature!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 01:24:24 PM »
If I ever need to build a function list in the source editor, for something more useful than this, I will add it - otherwise not.

Pelle
/Pelle

JohnF

Show funcs feature!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 04:03:17 PM »
Quote from: "Pelle"
If I ever need to build a function list in the source editor, for something more useful than this, I will add it - otherwise not.

Pelle

Ok.

I'll adapt the Listfuncs add-in to do it.

John