NO

Author Topic: error while compiling  (Read 12519 times)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
Re: Treeview problem
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 04:47:56 PM »
Quote from: "zenonpro"
I'm afraid there is some misunderstanding.  The problem of the treeview I'm talking about is the treeview you use in your IDE to display the project's contents.  Sources, header files etc...  When I click on the + sign of a source.c treeitem, I get to see the functions that are in this 'c' file, but apparently the parser of the IDE does not seem to find all functions in a source.  As I said in the previous posting, it seems as if the parser stops at a certain amount of bytes processed.  As if there is some kind of limitation.  It has nothing to do with my projects, it's simply the IDE.  Just because I find this a great feature, I noticed the flaw.

Pascal.

No misunderstanding I think - at least not on my part.

There are no fixed limits in the IDE. I use the Browse Information manager (POBR) to find functions in source files. It uses a SQLite database - no fixed limits there either. I use a standard TreeView in the IDE, in theory there could be a limit here. I doubt it.

You could try the following from the command line:
Code: [Select]

POBR /W /B /F test.tag -KFP -L source.c >filename.txt

This will scan the source file called source.c for functions and prototypes, and store the result in the database TEST.TAG and also the text file filename.txt. If you can't find the missing function names in filename.txt, they can (of course) never appear in the TreeView. I suspect the problem is here - not with any buffer limit.

Pelle
/Pelle

zenon

Function tree
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 09:50:32 PM »
OK, I used the POBR like you said and the result file contains only 15 functions of the 29 present in the source.  For your convenience I included a zip file with the artikels.c file, artikels.fnc output file and the test.tag sqlite datafile.
Hope you can find the problem.

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
error while compiling
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 12:41:50 AM »
The problem seems to be in your code. In the function DisplayArtikelType, you have the following:

Code: [Select]

while ((prA != NULL) AND (prA->nPid != 0))

AND is not a valid C keyword. I assume it's a macro somewhere (evaluating to &&) - but POBR don't know/understand this.

Pelle
/Pelle

zenon

treeview problem
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 10:28:06 PM »
I replaced the AND by && and all functions of the artikels.c showed up.  I was indeed POBR that did not understand this to be a macro.  But what would you suggest now, adapt all my code not to use macro's or is it something for a future release of POBR to fix ?

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
Re: treeview problem
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »
Quote from: "zenon"
I replaced the AND by && and all functions of the artikels.c showed up.  I was indeed POBR that did not understand this to be a macro.  But what would you suggest now, adapt all my code not to use macro's or is it something for a future release of POBR to fix ?

Generally speaking, I don't think it's a good idea to invent a new C syntax through macros. Sooner or later either programs or programmers will not understand the syntax.

I will never add macro expansion to POBR, but it's possible that a completely different approach will be used in the future. It's too early to say right now...

Pelle
/Pelle