NO

Author Topic: POLINK Fatal Error: access denied - error code: 1  (Read 7653 times)

hanzf

POLINK Fatal Error: access denied - error code: 1
« on: July 13, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
Hello,

I just started trying Pelles C with the two given sample "Hello World" programs.
The GUI Version that comes with "Win 32 application wizard" works fine.
But with the console version (from the "console application wizard") I get the above mentioned error message.
I read something on this error here in the forum but I'm sure no instance of the "Hello World" is already running.

What's going on here?

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: POLINK Fatal Error: access denied - error code: 1
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 01:39:51 AM »
Works just fine over here (using the 64bit version on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit), creating a 32bit console program...

Could you please provide some info about your environment and also post a zipped up project file (right click on the executable name in the right hand pane)...

Ralf

hanzf

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
Thank you Bitbeisser for your quick answer

I just found a way to make it work: in "project -> project options -> linker", "Debug information" was set to "none". There are three other possibilities ("Code View", "COFF", and "Code View & COFF"). With any of these three settings, it works. The error comes only when the Linker is set to no debug information.

My system is Windows XP pro SP3, 32bit
zipped Project is attached

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:57 AM »
I did not have to mess with any settings outside of the wizard to get it set up, compiled and executed.

And your project, apparently with debug info, works here just fine as well...

What is the path where you have your projects saved? At least under Windows Vista and 7, you can get an at least similar error when working in the "program files" folder, as there usually is no write access to those folders...

Also, for completeness sake, what is the exact version of Pelle's C you're using?

Ralf

hanzf

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »
Sorry I forgot that...

Pelles C 7.00.355

The project folder is "H:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Der Freak\Eigene Dateien\proggen\hallo-2"

(I used nLite to install Windows with a modified "Documents and Settings" Location)

In Pelles C's "Tools -> Options -> Folders", the following folders are for executables:

C:\Windows\System32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32\Wbem

Hans

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:22 AM »
Kannst Du das mal mit "standard" Pfaden auf dem C: Laufwerk versuchen. Koennte schon moeglich sein das da irgendwie der Linker versucht auf einen Pfad ohne Schreibberechtigung zu schreiben...  ;)

Ralf

hanzf

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 12:58:47 AM »
Hallo Ralf,

ich habe mal den Ordner "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Der Freak\Eigene Dateien\proggen" angelegt, aber da tauchte der gleiche Fehler auf.
Allerdings nur mit dem "Hallo Welt"-Beispielprogramm. Inzwischen habe ich ein paar Übungsprogrämmchen geschrieben, die liefen alle durch. Seltsam

Hans

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
Ok, back to English as the preferred language here in the forum....  ;)

That doesn't make much sense, unless you would run in a very restricted user account maybe.
Well, one thing that I in fact DID notice when running the tests was that my AVast! anti-virus software was once again giving me a false positive, I then just temporarily disable it and everything is running fine. Maybe it's something similar weird in your case.
We had reports for example of Avira complaining of self-compiled programs with debug info enabled. Looks like a lot of the AV companies mistakenly trigger a positive on parts of the run-time library or debug code instead of real virus code (probably a general problem with heuristics)...

Ralf

hanzf

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »
As far as I know, my user account is just a normal Windows XP non-admin account.
I have Avira Free 13.0.0.37.37 running but it didn't alarm. I just got this error message from Pelles C IDE, and the error came only with debug info DISabled. It didn't come again since, and it's no longer a real problem for me.
(if you really want to know you can ask me for some experiments but please be patient)
I just encountered another problem with a WinAPI program from a tutorial, Pelles C saying "no target architecture, but that's for another thread.

Hans