Pelles C > Bug reports

New SDK version....

(1/3) > >>

Anonymous:
This is half in jest...

Microsoft has released SP1 for the Platform SDK (May 2, 2005).  The whole thing can be downloaded as a CD image, the indexing finally makes sense and overall it's a lot better organized.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D8EECD75-1FC4-49E5-BC66-9DA2B03D9B92&displaylang=en

Only thing is, now the IDE won't search it...

Yeah!  ....   Boo!  :lol:

Pelle:
As clearly stated in the help file, the SDK uses an undocumented help engine. Any attempt to use it, must result in undocumented calls. If it's working, great, otherwise - tough luck. This is not a "bug".

Pelle

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Pelle" ---As clearly stated in the help file, the SDK uses an undocumented help engine. Any attempt to use it, must result in undocumented calls. If it's working, great, otherwise - tough luck. This is not a "bug".

Pelle
--- End quote ---

Which is why I said it was in jest.  

What they appeared to do was change the way it's called up ...

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://MS.PSDKSVR2003SP1.1033

Notice the new version specifies SP1 in the command line.  

But, I understand why you wouldn't want to version chase the thing.  It would eventually become a real pain having to detect versions in an undocumented setup.  (And, fwiw, yours is the only IDE I've seen that can even load the thing... so it's hardly expected behaviour)

There's no harm done, I have the win98 SDK which I still prefer for general help anyway...  Keeps me from getting carried away with the XP only stuff that leaves older versions (including my own) out in the cold.  I can still get at the PSDK with a desktop Icon... so at worst it's a minor inconvenience.

Pelle:
To me a post in "bug reports" means a real bug, or a possible real bug, that should be fixed. This didn't really qualify as such.

When they allow me to order the damn thing on CD, I will try and get it. Then we will see. If only the collection string differs, maybe I can add a setting somewhere - at least in the Registry.

Pelle

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "Pelle" ---To me a post in "bug reports" means a real bug, or a possible real bug, that should be fixed. This didn't really qualify as such.

--- End quote ---

Well it is a bug, sort of... helpfile induced failure :lol:  

--- Quote ---
When they allow me to order the damn thing on CD, I will try and get it. Then we will see. If only the collection string differs, maybe I can add a setting somewhere - at least in the Registry.

--- End quote ---

Actually you can now download the CD image directly from the website.  It burns and works perfectly with Nero.  The link I posted will take you directly to it.  If push comes to shove, I'll be happy to  make you one and mail it to you!

Far as I can tell, the collection name is the  only real difference in launching the thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version