NO

Author Topic: Very Basic Question About Function Definitions RESOLVED  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: Very Basic Question About Function Definitions
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 06:58:11 AM »
Thank you all very much for being so patient. I have exactly what I need now to continue the tutorial. (I guess the author left out the function definitions, or any mention that he had.)
Well, don't know exactly what tutorial you are using, but for something simple, you don't need any "forward declaration" if you order the functions (and global variables, constants, typedefs) properly, so that their declaration comes before their use, with the main() function the last one in the source... ;)
I don't understand why Pelles C isn't making a much bigger footprint in the market. Is it because ancient programmers don't want to leave the command like behind? Pelles C has been a very positive experience for me.
Probably because
a) it's just C and world and dog these days are all into all the fancy stuff like Erlang, Haskell, Ruby and $hit, and most Windows stuff these days is referrenced in C++ or C#, so that leaves people willing to stick with plain C a bit out in the rain
b) while it is free (as in free beer) software, it is not open source, that is another one of those "buzz words" that turns a lot of potential users off

just my personal 2 cents,

Ralf