NO

Author Topic: GdiPLus example  (Read 4304 times)

JohnF

GdiPLus example
« on: December 07, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
Some of you may know that my FindFile app uses Ole to load and display image files - well, Ole has not kept up with the rest of the world. Some images are displayed incorrectly and some icon files would not display at all, so have replaced the Ole stuff with GdiPlus. An added advantage is that GdiPlus will deal with PNG's and TIF's whereas Ole did not.

I've used a minimum implementation of GdiPlus just to load and display images - all the rest is left out. So this example demonstrates how to use just the features you want. GdiPlus will deal with these formats - (wmf, dib, bmp, png, tif, gif, emf, jpg)

One can use the work done in my GdiPlus library that's on my web site to extract any parts that are required.

Have also added this example to my web site

http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/pellesc/GdiPlus/GdiPlus.html

John

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
Re: GdiPLus example
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »
Thank's John.
When we see that FindFile ?

Example is 64-bit, so here is 32-bit too.

Those who needs GdiPlusFlatC.h look here
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:05:12 PM by timovjl »
May the source be with you

JohnF

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
Just realised that I had never included the GdiPlusLib.lib source files on my web site. It's there now.

http://www.johnfindlay.plus.com/pellesc/GdiPlus/GdiPlus.html

So as I said in an earlier post one can extract parts that are needed instead of using the whole library.

EDIT: timovjl, FindFile will be along soon.

John
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:41:53 AM by JohnF »

Offline jj2007

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
Is that you, John?

Programming Issues;

John Findlay  Mar. 1999
'==========================================================

Please don't take offence by anything said herein, nothing mentioned here is meant as a criticism of anyone. I hope this article will be seen as a positive 'push' to encourage every programmer to continually improve their craft.

No doubt some of the things said here will already be part of your programming code of practice, if so please bare with me. Reminders can be helpful too.

Code written in GFA can be as good as any other language (or better) provided one takes pride in and spends time on one's code. 

There are also some hints and tips.

J.M.F

Routines Collected and Compiled By Dale Bryant

JohnF

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »
Yes that's me! I started code-ing with asm and GFABasic on the Amiga. Exciting days.

John