NO

Author Topic: which best IDE for learn C  (Read 4445 times)

pixels

which best IDE for learn C
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:42:33 AM »
hi guys

i just have some questions about C language

1 ) which best IDE for build good software
pelles C
NetBeans
eclipse

2 ) pelles is open source code ??

thank you

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: which best IDE for learn C
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »
hi guys

i just have some questions about C language
Not sure what any of those questions have to do with the C language, but....
1 ) which best IDE for build good software
pelles C
NetBeans
eclipse
Pelle's C is the only C IDE of those three (and C only). NetBeans and Enclipse are "everything and the kitchen sink" behemoth, independent from the compiler being used...
2 ) pelles is open source code ??
No.

Ralf

pixels

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:15:01 AM »
that mean pelles C -NetBeans eclipse same with features and same in fast code
not there any difference between them with Provides libraries and pulg in

Offline DMac

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »
For learning C I recommend Pelle's C.  It's a great IDE with everything you'll need and the compiler is C99 and C11 compliant.

For C++ I would probably lean toward Microsoft's MSVC Visual Studio Express.

For Learning C# I recommend the C# Visual Studio Express or Sharp Develop both of which target that language.

For Learning Java I recommend Eclipse.  It is more nimble than Net Beans (especially if running on older hardware) and once you use it you will find that there are features that you will like that the other IDE might not have.

I have not tried to configure or use any of these IDE's to target another language, even though it is possible to do so.  They tend to favor the language that they were initially designed to support.
No one cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

pixels

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
For learning C I recommend Pelle's C.  It's a great IDE with everything you'll need and the compiler is C99 and C11 compliant.

For Learning C# I recommend the C# Visual Studio Express or Sharp Develop both of which target that language.

For Learning Java I recommend Eclipse.  It is more nimble than Net Beans (especially if running on older hardware) and once you use it you will find that there are features that you will like that the other IDE might not have.

I have not tried to configure or use any of these IDE's to target another language, even though it is possible to do so.  They tend to favor the language that they were initially designed to support.

thank you for recommend i prefer stay away from microsfot program i dont like it
understand from you talk pelles it have all features need it any programmer for build large project ?
i see you cancel NetBeans from recommend  HAHA

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »
+1
Visual Studio? Yuk...
I would rather recommend Dev C++ (http://orwelldevcpp.blogspot.com/)
Well who voluntarily wants to learn C#? <BFEG>
For Learning Java I recommend Eclipse.  It is more nimble than Net Beans
The words "Eclipse" and "nimble" in the same sentence, that's an oxymoron... <LOL>
One of the problems with Eclipse is that they try to use it for everything, including everything and the kitchen sink. Not really what I would call "nimble"...  ;)

The basic Eclipse IDE, without any compiler/programming language specific add-ons is a mere 200MB, that's 17x of the Pelle's C 64Bit compiler+IDE download size...

Ralf

pixels

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
+1
Visual Studio? Yuk...
I would rather recommend Dev C++ (http://orwelldevcpp.blogspot.com/)
Well who voluntarily wants to learn C#? <BFEG>
For Learning Java I recommend Eclipse.  It is more nimble than Net Beans
The words "Eclipse" and "nimble" in the same sentence, that's an oxymoron... <LOL>
One of the problems with Eclipse is that they try to use it for everything, including everything and the kitchen sink. Not really what I would call "nimble"...  ;)

The basic Eclipse IDE, without any compiler/programming language specific add-ons is a mere 200MB, that's 17x of the Pelle's C 64Bit compiler+IDE download size...

Ralf

Pelles have add-ons or pulgin or not ???????????