NO

Author Topic: Some questions...  (Read 4952 times)

dizergin

Some questions...
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
I want to translate IDE to Russian... so
1. are compiler messages included in the resource file (of the translation project)?
2. Is source for help project avaible (for the translation purpose)?
As user I would like to know
3. is it  possible to use with Pelles C a MPI library (like Deino MPI)?
4. It seems that  the options "just in time debuggin'" bugged (at least in 8.00 RC6). But I wonder what is it for?

thanks in advance.

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Some questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 11:35:01 PM »
I want to translate IDE to Russian... so
For IDE translation see.
1. are compiler messages included in the resource file (of the translation project)?
No
No
As user I would like to know
3. is it  possible to use with Pelles C a MPI library (like Deino MPI)?
PelleC V8.0 comes with OpenMP 3.1 already included.
But whatever is 'C', library or source, and compiled for MSVCRT should work. We'll look forward for your feedback ...  ::)
4. It seems that  the options "just in time debuggin'" bugged (at least in 8.00 RC6). But I wonder what is it for?
It makes PellesC the system debugger called whenever a crash happen even for system code.
thanks in advance.
You're welcome  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:45:36 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

dizergin

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
1. For IDE translation...
Thanks i can read and 've done about 1/3 of the work
2. No
can it be mended ? can   I  localize the IDE completely?
3. No
Damn! The help file is pretty good..
4. But whatever is 'C', library or source, and compiled for MSVCRT should work....
OK, I'll check it lately
5. It makes PellesC the system debugger called whenever a crash happen even for system code.
Ok ( it seems i got too vivid imagination  :)  )
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:58:38 AM by dizergin »

dizergin

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:59:45 AM »
Updated
check working with Deino MPI (with x32 and x64 versions)...
though compiling goes seamlessly (with -Ze  key)
the linker throws   8 nasty "POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '__imp__MPI_InitA'."
It is VERY strange - for developers of the DEINO MPI claim  compatibility with Pelle C since 4 version

Any clues?

(up to the point - the test programm can be seamlessly build with msvcc and gcc)

looks like  a minor bug:    The global folder settings (Tools\Options\Folders) have no effect on compiler and linker - everyone MUST set it on for EACH project
                               It is inconvenient (under some circumstances)
Updated:  the linker problem was fade away - one must manualy add mpi.lib to the "Library and object files:" string editor (my fault, i tried to do it by setting values in the bottom readonly field)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:53:15 PM by dizergin »

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
1. For IDE translation...
Thanks i can read and 've done about 1/3 of the work
Very good after finished you can post it to be included in the next distribution  :D

1. are compiler messages included in the resource file (of the translation project)?can it be mended ? can   I  localize the IDE completely?
2. No
The messages are from line tools (compiler, linker, librarian, etc). There has never been any localization for them, and I don't think that this is a prioritary issue on Pelle's wish list...

2. No
3. No
Damn! The help file is pretty good..
I think that the help file is generated from sources comments (i.e. DoxyGen) so I don't think they will never be available ...
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

dizergin

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
The messages are from line tools (compiler, linker, librarian, etc). There has never been any localization for them, and I don't think that this is a prioritary issue on Pelle's wish list...

Of course NOT and I do NOT ask  for it. But  if it is well-formed  (as plain text, or someting like that) Iwish to do it (translate) myself.
    Can I obtain the resources?

Offline TimoVJL

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:16:54 PM »
With poide or ResourceHacker you can extract those from message table ?
May the source be with you

dizergin

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 10:48:43 PM »
With poide or ResourceHacker you can extract those from message table ?
Do not know, but personally I HATE any hacking and prefer more civilized ways (if they are avaible) -  'cos every hacking generates the problems (real ones) in near-middle perspective.