C language > Windows questions

Winhelp 4.0

(1/3) > >>

czerny:
I am searching for details of the 32-bit winhelp 4.0. Does anybody know in which old SDK this was documented?
There are a couple of differences to the old 16-bit winhelp.

I have for example found in a winhelp projectfile (*.hpj) the following statement:

--- Code: ---Main="",(553,102,460,600),60672,(r15596254),(r15721690),f3
--- End code ---
The 4te and 5te parameter are colors. I know this written as

--- Code: ---(255,0,0)
--- End code ---
for red. I don't know the above writting. Though it is not difficult to find its meaning:

--- Code: ---r15596254 is 0xEDFADE is (222, 250, 237)
--- End code ---
But what is the meaning of the 'r' in front? Red? Are there variants with a 'g' or a 'b' also allowed?

What means the last parameter? I do know its meaning if it is 0 or 1, but 0xfe is unknown to me.

czerny:
If I could write the absolute hyper proggi that everyone must have, I would write it with a superb winhelp help and an executable that refuses to run on vista and above!  ;D

But the reality is: 0 replies and I have not written this super hyper proggi yet!

frankie:
Dunno where to find specs.
You may recover something from HelpDeco ...

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: czerny on February 02, 2015, 03:41:45 PM ---If I could write the absolute hyper proggi that everyone must have, I would write it with a superb winhelp help and an executable that refuses to run on vista and above!  ;D

But the reality is: 0 replies and I have not written this super hyper proggi yet!

--- End quote ---
The reality is that WinHelp is a format/technology that isn't supported anymore since Windows Vista (that almost 9 years now), never has been that great anyway, so that very few people could possibly bother these days to deal with it...

Ralf

DMac:
I also don't know about specs.  However I have used Doxygen for years now to document code AND write my help files.

For the help files I create a separate project and add it to my workspace.  The Source file is just one big comment that Doxygen turns into the compiled HTML help (the same format that is used by Pelles C Help.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version