NO

Author Topic: Lost source file  (Read 10649 times)

megafiddle

Re: Lost source file
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 06:53:25 AM »
Thanks, I'll try that.

I did notice something else:
If I set the desktop to "classic", it will change back to XP style if the external drive is connected during startup. Internet Explorer started up once with unusual colors also.

Ok, I tried this with no AntiVirus; the desktop is still being altered when the external drive is present. I don't want to expriment with my files, as I still don't know how extensive the problem is or exactly what is causing it.

The files on the external drives are fine. The files are being lost on the main internal drive. I have a couple of these external drives and would like to use them on my newer Windows 7 pc,  but I would like to be sure that the problem is not with the drives themselves.

-

czerny

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
I did notice something else:
If I set the desktop to "classic", it will change back to XP style if the external drive is connected during startup.
I too have this problem with XP prof. sometimes. I have not found a cause yet.

Edit: To be clear: Not the problem with the zeroed source file but the change to XP style.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:45:33 PM by czerny »

Offline RKSJBeck

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 10:20:43 AM »
I'm having a similar problem.  I do my development inside different VM's and after a recent "upgrade" to the hypervisor,  when I try to save a file to the shared drive, Pelles C fills the file with zeroes (0x00) and that's the end of that.  No other IDE I use, or text editor, suffers from the problem.  I have Pelles 'C', Microsoft VB, C++, C#, Pure BASIC, and Power BASIC installed along with Notepad++, and Multi-Edit.  No program other than Pelles is goofing up.  I have contacted the maker of the hypervisor and they have verified that they can reproduce the problem and are going to investigate, but I have also tried to get some information from Pelles to see what he is doing during a file save that no one else seems to be doing.
Hopefully this will get resolved because the new version of the hypervisor has some features I have been waiting for.

liut

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:35 AM »
My suggestion is: once you meet this problem, please check the latest temp files (not .c file) in the 'temp' folder which defined in the environment variable 'Temp'. I believe you will find it there, unless you define this folder to a mem-driver...