NO

Author Topic: PassGenWin, XorCryptWin and RandFileGen  (Read 8972 times)

Snowman

PassGenWin, XorCryptWin and RandFileGen
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:38:13 PM »
Hello, I need help getting my open-source projects tested. Bug reports and code improvement suggestions are most welcome.
Right now I only have access to a Windows XP 32-bit machine and I would like to know how my programs run and look on newer versions of Windows (7, 8, 10).

PassGenWin is a random password generator.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/passgenwin/

XorCryptWin and RandFileGen are distributed together as encryption software.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xorcryptwin/

I would like to get these projects beyond the point of "toys" and I believe PassGenWin is close enough to maturity.

What concerns me most right now are possible bugs that I haven't found. Another thing is that the projects are a bit too reliant on Pelles C, and I fear that porting them to another IDE/toolchain will be a pain if it ever needs to be done.

Snowman

Re: PassGenWin, XorCryptWin and RandFileGen
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
Would anybody be willing to test these programs in Windows 7, 8 or 10 and post back screenshots, please?

To moderators: I would like this thread to be moved to the Projects developed with Pelles C board. Thanks.

Nevermind, I didn't see the "Move topic" button.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:33:11 AM by Snowman »

Sam Steele

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:20:04 PM »
The both look good and work well on Windows 7.
Great work.

Snowman

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »
The both look good and work well on Windows 7.
Great work.

I'm glad to read that, I was a bit concerned about the red X button in PassGenWin looking weird in newer Windows.

Sam Steele

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 12:19:17 AM »
You are right. The icon image is not scaled very well. Maybe use the × U+00D7 Alt+0215 Multiplication character on a normal button. If you want the text red you could subclass it.

Snowman

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 02:12:26 AM »
You are right. The icon image is not scaled very well. Maybe use the × U+00D7 Alt+0215 Multiplication character on a normal button. If you want the text red you could subclass it.

That seems like a good idea however I don't know how "subclassing" would help change the text color. Is this the subclassing you are talking about? (Otherwise please provide a new link.)

Also do you happen to use TRNGs? I intend to code Winsock and Serial plugins for both my programs in order to fetch random data from TRNG devices, and it would help if someone could test that too.

correosdelbosque

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »
I have W7 64 bits I will try your tools and later gonna post the info 8) 8) 8) :P