NO

Author Topic: Beginner problem  (Read 2855 times)

dmor5773

Beginner problem
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:18:07 AM »
I cannot compile and run after reinstalling the Pelles 64bit system twice. Here is an example code that worked well two days ago but now gives message :-

/* Example using strcat by TechOnTheNet.com */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int main(int argc, const char * argv[])
{
   /* Define a temporary variable */
   char example[600];

/* Copy the first string into the variable */
   strcpy(example, "TechOnTheNet.com ");

/* Concatenate the following two string s to the end of the first one */
   strcat(example, "is just over 10 ");
   strcat(example, "years old.");
   strcat (example, " David tests this routine.");
   /* Display the concatenated strings */
   printf("%s\n", example);

return 0;
}

//Building main.obj.
//*** Error: pocc.exe -Tx64-coff -Ot -W1 -std:C11 "C:\Users\David\Documents\Pelles C Projects\strcat\main.c" -Fo"C:\Users\David\Documents\Pelles C Projects\strcat\output\main.obj"
//*** Error: The requested operation requires elevation. 
//Done.

Any guidance is appreciated?

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Beginner problem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
Your problem seems related to the "improved" safety, and UAC, of XP successors (vista, win7,  winserver 2008, win10,  ...)  that for same reason makes "foreign the files generated". (There would be a lot to say about the improved safety, it seems that are simply more annoying so a lot of people try to disable them and doing so open the system).
Try with some of the suggestions from here and from here.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

dmor5773

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:37:13 AM »
Quick update. I tried to elevate the permissions but next my computer froze and will not start windows, so it is now in a repair shop for hardware investigation/quote/ repair.  Not a good resolution I fear.  Hopefully I can report more after next Tuesday.

dmor5773

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:48 AM »
After the repair the application still would not compile and produced the same errors.  I now ran the poide64 as administrator and things seem to be working OK for now.