C language > Windows questions

Change default installation directory - Problem

(1/2) > >>

syntel:
Hi Folks:

This is my first post here.

1. I use PellesC as a basis for building a high level C language (Harbour) along with several other base C Languages (e.g., MinGW, Borland's C, and Visual C)

2. Recently I updated my PellesC from Version 7 to version 8, and have severe problems related to the Installation Directory.

3. In all previous upgrades and installs, I install my PellesC to C:\PellesC> . However, the default directory is C:\Program files (x86) which I override with the browse button and substitute C:\PellesC.

4. However, when installing to this directory, and when running my standard programs using the new version 8 of PellesC, I crash ! (This happens in sub-dir c:\pellesc\include\win\stralign.h in line 118).

5. If, however, I install to the default directory (c:\program files (x86), it works correctly with no crash -- and there is *no* stralign.h file  existing in the default installation !!??

So, I conclude that different files are downloaded to my machine depending on whether I accept the default download directory or whether I substitute a different directory.

Can someone explain this please ?? (Or can someone tell me how to patch my installation to get around this crash at my preferred installation directory)

Thanks !

Mel Smith
(I have done several different installs(and uninstalls) of PellesC over the past week, and in each case scrubbing the registry of the Pelles setting too)

TimoVJL:
Normal PellesC installation don't have stralign.h
msvc, fSDK and others have it.

poide have option -xml for private settings in xml format.

syntel:
TimoVJL said:

>Normal PellesC installation don't have stralign.h
>msvc, fSDK and others have it.
>poide have option -xml for private settings in xml format.

Hi:
My installation *did* have stralign.h when I installed in C:\Pellesc.   Is is obvious to me that changing the default installation results in different files being downloaded.

Question: *Why* are there different files for a different directory ??  And does nobody care about these differences, and the reason for this ??  Also, how can the option -xml help me with this problem?

But anyway, thank you for the response.

-Mel Smith
www.whosaway.com

frankie:
Hello Mel,
Nice job your Harbour.  :)
As far as we can see the 'standard' PellesC package, as Timo already said, doesn't have 'stralign.h'.
Maybe it has been left in the installation directory from the former release. I'll check as soon I have time (sorry, but I'm a little bit busy this time). Could you please post the 'stralign.h' header from your folder so I can have a look to it?
Anyway there is something strange in your system because the installer, before to propose any 'default directory' checks where PellesC was installed before and then propose this directory (not the standard one). Maybe there are many installations that confuse the registers keys.
You may want try to remove all installations and clean the registry (using one of the tools available around) before to reinstall.
I understand that it is annoying to deal with this problems, but please consider that this is a free tool, we are few people and your problem is never happened before. So all support and cooperation to solve it is appreciated.  ;)

syntel:

--- Quote from: frankie on March 11, 2017, 11:38:15 AM ---Hello Mel,
Nice job your Harbour.  :)
As far as we can see the 'standard' PellesC package, as Timo already said, doesn't have 'stralign.h'.
Maybe it has been left in the installation directory from the former release. I'll check as soon I have time (sorry, but I'm a little bit busy this time). Could you please post the 'stralign.h' header from your folder so I can have a look to it?
Anyway there is something strange in your system because the installer, before to propose any 'default directory' checks where PellesC was installed before and then propose this directory (not the standard one). Maybe there are many installations that confuse the registers keys.
You may want try to remove all installations and clean the registry (using one of the tools available around) before to reinstall.
I understand that it is annoying to deal with this problems, but please consider that this is a free tool, we are few people and your problem is never happened before. So all support and cooperation to solve it is appreciated.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Hi Frankie:

As I noted before, I completely clean out my system between installs. Even to the point of going to the registry and deleting the associated keys.
   But I will do it again and re-install with C:\PELLESC> as the install directory, then provide a list of the files in the c:\pellesc\include\win sub-dir. 

Thanks for the response !

-Mel Smith
www.whosaway.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version