NO

Author Topic: Curious, why are there two different sub-forums..  (Read 5570 times)

defrancis7

Curious, why are there two different sub-forums..
« on: April 21, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »
for the General Discussions category?  Just curious.  I look at the General Discussion category under the first section titled "Pelles Forum" and then the General discussion category under the second "Pelles Forum" section further down the page.  The contents are not always the same.  And, while I am at it; why are there two "Pelles Forum" sections?

defrancis7

Re: Curious, why are there two different sub-forums..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »
I went back and looked after I finished posting my query.  There are not two "Pelles Forum"s but one called "Pelles C Forum" and one called "Pelles C".  Back to my original question though, why does each have a "General Discussion" topic?  Maybe I am dense; but, is not general discussion general discussion?  I have also noticed that the last post, at least when I posted this, was dated 2017 Mar 16.

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: Curious, why are there two different sub-forums..
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
The idea, I guess see here, was to to have a place, this, where discuss about the forum itself (i.e. forum layout, forum netiquette, etc) and the other specific for PellesC compiler discussions.
Many posts were moved to the proper general discussion subforum under PellesC_forum.
In last times while people continued to post technical topics on this forum nobody took care to move them.
I'll do it...

P.S. I removed also the <moved> post, because was a nosense.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 06:22:59 PM by frankie »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide