C language > Work in progress

TLWHViewRE alpha

(1/3) > >>

TimoVJL:
TLWHViewRE is under development, it use richedit/msftedit.dll as viewer.

An example for a test:

--- Code: ---SET MSHC_PATH=C:\code\MSDN-2016\msh
IndexWHelp.exe %MSHC_PATH%
echo [mshc]>TLWHViewRE.ini
echo Path=%MSHC_PATH%>>TLWHViewRE.ini
echo [mshc]>TLWHViewRE64.ini
echo Path=%MSHC_PATH%>>TLWHViewRE64.ini
TLWHViewRE.exe /Sleep
pause
--- End code ---
HelpView.ini, in AddIns64 folder
--- Code: ---[Settings]
Program=C:\code\bin64\TLWHViewRE64.exe
--- End code ---

In here is enough files to test.

EDIT: 2018-09-15 a test version for latest help using title as keyword when F1 keys are missing.
EDIT: 2018-09-28 keyword parser fix.
EDIT: 2018-10-03: now use mshi with single file, if available in same folder.
EDIT: 2018-10-07: TLWHViewRE-2018-10-07_bin.zip fix some UTF8 issues.

TimoVJL:
Perhaps someone use md-files from https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/win32 to make usable WDK help system.
Those md-files are simpler than html-files.
I wait, when those md-files are finally fixed.

John Z:

--- Quote from: TimoVJL on August 20, 2022, 12:44:43 PM ---Perhaps someone use md-files from https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/win32 to make usable WDK help system.
Those md-files are simpler than html-files.
I wait, when those md-files are finally fixed.

--- End quote ---

Ummm - what format are you supporting?  I don't know what a .msch file is.  Is there a spec?

I'm finishing up a fully working Controls.chm with TOC and Index and all links (I hope) working, converted from
the GitHub MS Docs win32 repository.

I don't see a WDK directory in there? What does WDK stand for  ???  Windows Development Kit?

I was planning to post converted .chm files on SourceForge.   Hopefully MSHTML.DLL will get an update ....

John Z

P.S. Fortunately earlier in the week I cleaned out a bunch of my old attachments otherwise "no room in the upload" directory

TimoVJL:
.msch is MS compressed html help files in ZIP format.
WDK is Windowns Developments Kit.
If we compress that desktop-scr folders to ZIPs and index it, it might be compact system.

John Z:
OK, so when I complete converting the Controls section then those HTML files can be compressed and usable with the software you created rather than using them in the .chm format?  Is an index or table of content required too?

I'll look for more information on the .mshc system/file(s) format.  I surmise the one benefit is that the viewer is not dependent on MSHTML.DLL and it's limitations, especially when linking to external web sites it looks like MSHTML identifies itself as MS IExplorer and with the campaign against IE some external sites won't transmit.

Seems to me you could actually use the .chm file itself.  It is just a ZIP of the HTML files with some added files for searching linking etc. which could be ignored. See attachment.

John Z

Update: I found it - It is the Visual studio (which I don't have) help system format.  I've also found some docs on TOC and F1 help formats.  The change doesn't look to involved - so far.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version