NO

Author Topic: How to use libCello with Pelles C?  (Read 1877 times)

cnoob

How to use libCello with Pelles C?
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:06:29 AM »
libcello.org

I'm using it for c++ std::vector like in C (called dynamic array in Cello: int dynArr = new(Array, Int);) but sadly it's only support GCC-based compilers. It requires posix thread and I think I could add posix thread to Pelles using this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pthreads4w/ but finally I can't get that to compile under Pelles because I don't know how to (I can't read makefile). Any help is appreciated  :)

cnoob

Re: How to use libCello with Pelles C?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
Version 2.1.0 improved Cello can use native Win32 thread now (as the author claimed). This library sucks. It only works with MinGW64 i686-posix-dwarf 8.1.0 (the version I first tried) and none other version of even the same compiler (5.4.0, 6.3.0, 7.3.0 all failed). It seemed it only works fine with dwarf exception not sjlj. Despite compiled OK but when linking it's always show error (on CodeBlocks). I gave up on it and try c-vector on github (for MinGW). Very OK.

p/s: I didn't know Pelles C supports c11 threads.h, MinGW didn't so I think ...  ;D Pelles' threads.h works great. Problem solved  :D