NO

Author Topic: Mr. Pelle, please make the 32 bit build of Pelles C come back  (Read 3253 times)

cnoob

Mr. Pelle, please make the 32 bit build of Pelles C come back
« on: October 03, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
As the title, Pelles C 9 only offer a 64 bit version that run only on 64 bit host but has the ability to cross compile to 32 bit. My problem is I've to switch from my 8G of ram desktop to a 2G of ram laptop which running Windows 7 32 bit and I want to learn and try C17 features of Pelles C 9 that prior version don't have. I think a lot of users here work only on 32 bit too, please make a 32 bit build of Pelles C, Mr. Pelle. Thanks very much  :-*

Abraham

Re: Mr. Pelle, please make the 32 bit build of Pelles C come back
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
We're all pretty sure that C17 is a bug-fixed version of C11. Thus, using Version 8 would limit to the C11 with bugs. There are no new features between C11 and C17 as far as the standards are concerned.

PS: Version 9 allows selection of Architecture SSE2, AVX, and AVX2 for 64-bit binaries.

cnoob

Re: Mr. Pelle, please make the 32 bit build of Pelles C come back
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »
We're all pretty sure that C17 is a bug-fixed version of C11. Thus, using Version 8 would limit to the C11 with bugs. There are no new features between C11 and C17 as far as the standards are concerned.

PS: Version 9 allows selection of Architecture SSE2, AVX, and AVX2 for 64-bit binaries.

I know this. For GCC, -std=c11 already means -std=c17 (as they said in their c std support status). But the childish part of myself still remind me "latest is greatest", hehe  :P Using Pelles 7 on Xp and Pelles 8 and Win7 now, both 32 bit. I seemed plain C market share on desktop is too small that a personal project like Pelles should focus it resource to do the best it can. I do understand  :)