General > Chit-Chat

MOVfuscator - C compiler only for MOV

(1/2) > >>

bitcoin:
Hello
i find interesting thing:

--- Quote ---The M/o/Vfuscator (short 'o', sounds like "mobfuscator") compiles programs into "mov" instructions, and only "mov" instructions. Arithmetic, comparisons, jumps, function calls, and everything else a program needs are all performed through mov operations; there is no self-modifying code, no transport-triggered calculation, and no other form of non-mov cheating.

The basic effects of the process can be seen in overview, which illustates compiling a simple prime number function with gcc and the M/o/Vfuscator.

https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/movfuscator/
--- End quote ---

jj2007:
No HelloWorld.exe on that site, though - strange 8)

bitcoin:
This code is only for linux.. ( I tried to build it in Ubuntu (in Windows 10 ), but it fails.

But this idea is interesting, I think. How to write such code in Windows? It is possible?

jj2007:
Unless somebody posts an executable that I can test, I declare it bogus. CPUs have a precisely defined set of instructions, and with mov whatever you cannot jump anywhere, you have no conditional branches, you cannot add or subtract, ... the list of things you cannot do is pretty long.

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: jj2007 on April 04, 2019, 04:08:25 PM ---Unless somebody posts an executable that I can test, I declare it bogus. CPUs have a precisely defined set of instructions, and with mov whatever you cannot jump anywhere, you have no conditional branches, you cannot add or subtract, ... the list of things you cannot do is pretty long.

--- End quote ---
I think you are working too much with assembley code, missing the very obvious "high level" stuff...  :P
Ralf 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version