NO

Author Topic: E-Mailing the registration verification  (Read 886 times)

Offline John Z

E-Mailing the registration verification
« on: November 27, 2019, 06:01:48 pm »
Just an FYI - The system consistently failed to mail me, after several different attempts, the registration verification mail to my @sbcglobal.net address.  To get the registration verification I had to switch my username e-mail to use my @gmail.com address.  Some places I travel to block gmail ......

Regards,
John Z

Offline Bitbeisser

• Global Moderator
Re: E-Mailing the registration verification
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 09:54:53 pm »
Just an FYI - The system consistently failed to mail me, after several different attempts, the registration verification mail to my @sbcglobal.net address.  To get the registration verification I had to switch my username e-mail to use my @gmail.com address.  Some places I travel to block gmail ......

Regards,
John Z
Sorry John, but this is a self-inflicted issue.
SBC doesn't exist anymore since 2005, when they merged and became a part of AT&T. You simply can't expect that sbcglobal address to be valid for ever. In fact, AT&T seem to have started some time last year to slowly purge and phase out those @sbcglobal.net email addresses.
If you don't like GMail, at least switch to your AT&T email address...

Ralf

Offline John Z

Re: E-Mailing the registration verification
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:01:14 pm »
Thanks Ralf!

It is currently working fine.  If you message me through this forum for example it uses my sbcglobal.net e-mail.  The defunct company SBCGLOBAL had always used Yahoo to provide e-mail to its customers, as does the 'new' AT&T so the transition was invisible.  It is now supported by web site currently.com.  I know, yahoo is old, old, old but hey at least I'm not on AOL  :)

I do use GMAIL, a lot, but it is not available world wide which presents a problem when traveling,

HaGD,
John