Pelles C > Bug reports

MoveAnchorcontrol in BCX bug

(1/3) > >>

iancasey:
Hi all.
In BCX we have been using some code to Anchor controls whilst resizing. Recently I updated to PellesC version 9 and now all the controls slide of the page when sizing. I rechecked and all is well with version 8. I checked with the BCX group and the results are
The attached code seems to work well in PellesC version 8, Ming 32 & 64, Borland BCC 32, LCC.
VCC failed to compile it.

I hope this can be of use to those here.
I have attached both the basic and C code.

Thanks,
Ian

MrBcx:
Just to add my voice to Ian's,

I tested with clean installs of Pelles 8 (32 and 64 installs ) -- Ian's program ran correctly
I tested with a clean install of Pelles 9 ( compiled Ian's sample in 32 and 64 bit ) -- both were equally flawed.
I tested Ian's program with Mingw ( compiled in 32 and 64 ) - both ran correctly.
I tested with LccWin32 (final version) and the program ran correctly.

Links below show 2 short video grabs that illustrates the problem.

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/mrbcx_samples/Other/Flawed.Gif

https://bcxbasiccoders.com/mrbcx_samples/Other/Working.Gif
I hope this is helpful.
-MrBcx-

Robert:

--- Quote from: iancasey on December 02, 2019, 04:27:41 PM ---Hi all.
In BCX we have been using some code to Anchor controls whilst resizing. Recently I updated to PellesC version 9 and now all the controls slide of the page when sizing. I rechecked and all is well with version 8. I checked with the BCX group and the results are
The attached code seems to work well in PellesC version 8, Ming 32 & 64, Borland BCC 32, LCC.

Thanks,
Ian

--- End quote ---

Hi Ian:

Visual Studio 2019 and Clang 9.0 both produce an .exe where the controls slide off the page when sizing.

Robert:

--- Quote from: Robert on December 04, 2019, 08:16:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: iancasey on December 02, 2019, 04:27:41 PM ---Hi all.

Thanks,
Ian

--- End quote ---

Hi Ian:

Visual Studio 2019 and Clang 9.0 both produce an .exe where the controls slide off the page when sizing.

--- End quote ---

The latest mingw-w64-i686-8.1.0-posix-dwarf-rt_v6-rev0 compiles an .exe which works as expected.

TimoVJL:
Not a Pelles C bug.
Problem is here
--- Code: ---GetSystemMetrics( SM_CYCAPTION) - GetSystemMetrics( SM_CYSIZEFRAME)
--- End code ---
Use linker subsystem version 5,1 or 5,2 to verify it.

EDIT: -subsystem:windows,5.1 for WindowsXP and -subsystem:windows,5.2 for WindowsXP x64

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version