NO

Author Topic: Resource symbols... feature  (Read 4115 times)

ramguru

Resource symbols... feature
« on: November 02, 2005, 01:52:34 PM »
There is one annoyance which makes my workflow not so efficient. And it is "Resource symbols...": I'm forced to declare them in main.h (otherwise they won't appear in "Resource symbols..." dialog), since I'm using external dialog editor (RasEd) it would be nice to have everything (concerning app resource) in one rc file. Anyway - great stuff!

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 11:02:45 PM »
The resource editor is mainly intended for C programs, where it makes most sense to keep the symbols in a separate file. This way the symbol include file can be shared between the resource script and the C source file(s). I'm not sure I want to change this...

Pelle
/Pelle

ramguru

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 11:43:30 AM »
Quote from: "Pelle"
...This way the symbol include file can be shared between the resource script and the C source file(s)

OK I must admit you have a point here :) but may I say why I dislike your dialog editor (only dialog editor, everything else are perfect)...
Reasons:
* Ability to see attached menu in dialog preview window (where I drag'n'drop) is not implemented...
* When I d'n'd toolbar and set properties I see not aligned grid like this (I hate that kind of disorder )
* "Components" and "Properties" windows are always floating in some inconvenient place so I have to move it elsewhere. There are some nice features like "auto-grip" (if I wrote it correctly :) )
;------------
* I've certainly missed something but that's enough...
* And btw sorry 4 my bad english :)

Offline Pelle

• Administrator
    • http://www.smorgasbordet.com
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 08:20:11 PM »
Quote from: "ramguru"
* Ability to see attached menu in dialog preview window (where I drag'n'drop) is not implemented...

This would require much more code than the currently simple approach. I don't think the dialog preview is used enough to make this worth the trouble...

* When I d'n'd toolbar and set properties I see not aligned grid like this (I hate that kind of disorder )

When you use anything but "Default" Alignment, the Toolbar control will decide all by itself the size and position. Forcing it to the grid alignment, in this case, is just stupid.

* "Components" and "Properties" windows are always floating in some inconvenient place so I have to move it elsewhere. There are some nice features like "auto-grip" (if I wrote it correctly :) )

...and having them docked in some useless place is even worse...

Pelle
/Pelle