NO

Author Topic: OpenGL  (Read 12943 times)

kobold

OpenGL
« on: February 12, 2006, 02:26:22 PM »
Hi!

Since yesterday i am experimenting with PellesC and OpenGL (+GLFW).
Are there any other users that have tried that?

I will give you an example, of my current (and only) OpenGL work. It is only an rotating... let's call it 'cube'... it will be a demo/screensaver if it is finished.
There are still many small problems to solve.
Experienced OpenGL programmers would be welcome  :mrgreen:

mperu

OpenGL with Pelles C IDE
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:06:24 PM »
I am not sure that this is the right place to discuss this topic, but after all I have seen the word "OpenGL".

I must have been missing something but I wonder how to compile OpenGL stuff using Pelles C IDE!

I have put an eye under "Source code -> Windows Samples -> Windows graphics -> OpenGL graphics" and I have imported the project named "Sphere.zip". After having unzipped it I have read the "sphere.ppj" file and I have found that some libraries are required (kernel32.lib, user32.lib, gdi32.lib, etc), in the file "sphere.c" I can find that some included files ("gl/gl.h", "gl/glu.h", etc) are required. All of this sounds clear to me, but I wonder from where the required files come! Should I get them after installing the Pelles C IDE?

Thank you for any help.

Michel Peru

mperu

Missing include and library files
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:24:13 PM »
Hmmm, something must have been wrong during the first install of "Pelles C". I have attempted to uninstall and then re-install and now I can find include and library files.

Sorry for the previous post.

Michel Peru

PS: Let's say at least a word about OpenGL, I plan to try a compilation of the "old" glut library. I will keep you informed in case of success.

kobold

OpenGL
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »
- Use the left/right/up/down arrow key to move arround and the page up/page down to look up- and downwards.

- Perhaps you have to change the timing in the source, no fps limiter is build in yet.

It is the first person shooter look & feel.
The Texture will be generated at startup.

A small bug:
Sometimes the view will jump to another direction, i guess an initialice value is missing somewhere.

Have fun.

Fred_Pyo

OpenGL
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:49:14 AM »
Nice one kobold, :9 I peeked at your code and it doesn't really seem THAT complicated... in fact the code is MUCH cleaner than what I expected, maybe one day I could give OpenGL a try too (I have a 3d screen saver project of my own too).

Thanks for sharing the source code!