NO

Author Topic: SDL2 with PellesC 10  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Griffin

SDL2 with PellesC 10
« on: November 22, 2020, 07:38:39 PM »
I'm trying to revive an old project that I once built based on SDL. Want it to update to the latest and greatest SDL2 for windows. How do I solve this?

Output from the build-phase:

Building main.obj.
C:\projects\issconfig\SDL2-2.0.12\include\SDL_atomic.h(123): warning #2195: Unrecognized intrinsic function: '_ReadWriteBarrier'.
Building util.obj.
Building issconfig.exe.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_SDL_SetMainReady' - referenced from 'C:\projects\issconfig\output\main.obj'.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_SDL_Quit' - referenced from 'C:\projects\issconfig\output\main.obj'.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_SDL_Init' - referenced from 'C:\projects\issconfig\output\main.obj'.
POLINK: error: Unresolved external symbol '_SDL_CreateWindow' - referenced from 'C:\projects\issconfig\output\main.obj'.
POLINK: fatal error: 4 unresolved external(s).
*** Error code: 1 ***
Done.

I enabled verbose output on the linker and the lib is actually scanned, so it should've worked. The library itself actually seems to contain these symbols, and polink doesn't complain the library is broken.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:48:15 PM by Griffin »

Offline Griffin

Re: SDL2 with PellesC 10
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Never mind... it helps to use the 32-bit variant when compiling in win32 mode...  :-X

Offline rc30906

Re: SDL2 with PellesC 10
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 01:24:57 AM »
Griffin -- Could you give more details as to how you compiled the SDL2 library? I'm in a similar situation...updating an application that I wrote using Pelles C 7 and SDL 1.2.15.

Thanks,
Bruce