NO

Author Topic: C project folder isn't recognized  (Read 2311 times)

sahar

C project folder isn't recognized
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:10:54 AM »
hi everyone,

I have this C project that is passed to me, it has been written in ubuntu with gcc. I need to debug it. I have ubuntu and installed netbeans and GNU compiler(g++,gmake,gdb,gcc) for it. I tested a sample C project and was able to build and debug it successfully. now the problem is I can't open the C project in netbeans. Netbeans does not recognize it as a project folder. when I try to open it it will be opened and I will reach to the .c files. I think it is beacuse the project doesn't follow the standardization of netbeans. I mean , there are only three folders: resource, deploy and memory-leaks and alot of .h and.c files inside of the project folder instead of having headers files, resource files and source files(which netbeans requires).

Now, how can I make it work? is there any way that netbean can recognize this as a project and let me to debug it? if not, can I just put the files each in related folders?

any suggestion is really appreciated!
thank  you
sahar

Offline frankie

• Global Moderator
Re: C project folder isn't recognized
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:10 AM »
Maybe asking in UBUNTU and/or netbeans communities you will have more chances.
This is thePellesC for MS-Windows forum......
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. - Andre Gide

sahar

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 03:40:58 PM »
oops, thanks!

sahar

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
solved  ;D
for those like me who choose Netbeans to compile C in ubuntu.:

Solution:
1) create a new project then built and compiled it.  (you can use Netbeans sample project: File>new project> in the categories find samples > C/C++ choose welcome)

2)go to explorer or file manager. copy and paste the files from your own project and paste it  to the sample welcome project folder. (i copied most of them to the project folder straight)

3)in Netbeans click right on the package folder or the project folder and choose: add existing items from/ or folders ... (*note: it is not like java or maybe windows which files will be added automatically)

TADAAAA! done!

hope it hepls someone!