Pelles C forum > General discussion

Spammers....

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: CommonTater on September 29, 2012, 10:22:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bitbeisser on September 29, 2012, 07:08:23 PM ---There seems to be indeed a lot more spammers right now as usual, I zapped about half a dozen last night during (late) dinner and this morning during breakfast...

Ralf

--- End quote ---

I'd bet it's all one person with multiple accounts and IPs... Do they, by chance, all originate in the same general area?

--- End quote ---
No, they are all over the place...

Ralf

CommonTater:
That sucks ...  And here I was all set to tell you to block the state of California :D ...  It seemed likely, since it all started more or less at the same time, that it was all being done by one person.

Bitbeisser:

--- Quote from: Stefan Pendl on September 29, 2012, 10:03:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bitbeisser on September 29, 2012, 03:30:17 AM ---I don't know about the other moderators/admins, but I always select the option to ban the user by name, IP and email address. But sometimes, I can't do this right away when I get a stupid "service not available" message from the moderator console once in a while...
--- End quote ---
I too always ban the IPs used to post.

I have checked with Christian about the 503 message and it seems to be fixed now.

--- End quote ---
Well, I can only confirm that this is not fixed, I still keep getting randomly those 503 errors when trying to zap/ban a spammer....  :-\

Ralf

CommonTater:
Does this help any... http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/503error.htm

Stefan Pendl:
I have had good results with moderating newly registered users.

Sure it will increase the workload for moderators, but we can catch spam early, before it will show up in the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version