C language > Work in progress

Question for users of Pelles C

(1/5) > >>

Freddy:
What are you people using Pelles C for at the moment?
What kind of coding?
What API's are you using? Just Win32API/C library or some other library like SDL, DirectX, Allegro, OpenGL, etc...?

Thanks!

mtx500:

--- Quote from: "Freddy" ---What are you people using Pelles C for at the moment?
What kind of coding?
--- End quote ---

We are writing a communication software package in C that is distributed in source code form. That's why it must strictly adhere to the ANSI C standard to be portable.

Pelles C is one of the 6 compilers I regularly chase over our source code to see if it is compilable without warnings - well with only a few warnings :D

It is impossible to remove all warnings on all compilers. E.g. one compiler complains that a variable is "possibly used before being initialised" (which is not true). When you enter a dummy initialisation at the beginning of the function to suppress that warning, another compiler warns that the variable "is assigned a value that is never used" :evil:

Garvan:
When I purchase computer books, research something on line, or try out a new library, I always go for the C language examples, which then get tried out first on PellesC. If I can understand how to do something in plain C, I can figure out how to do it in other languages. As a hobbyist programmer I do not always chose the most logical language to program in, and small languages tend not to be well documented with examples, or books.

So I guess you could say I use PellesC for learning programming.

Garvan

Ngan Lo:
recently i'm just a hobby programmer, doing some game programming stuffs. i dont know maybe i could be a true game programmer someday.

i use PellesC with DirectX, OpenGL. and other library like ZLib & OGG.

Mordred:
I'm a hobby coder
and I hate the .NET CLR, The MFC, and bloated OOP languages (e.g. C++)
So I realized that that using PellesC & the  win32api is the only way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version